We hope the information below is useful in helping you plan your trip to the Book Festival. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Arriving at San Antonio International Airport
San Antonio International Airport is a short, 15-minute drive from downtown. Taxi service is available in Terminal A. Ground transport options are located curbside in front of Terminals A and B. Rideshare (Uber, Lyft, and Get Me) pickup is at Terminal B.
If you need to book a hotel for your trip to San Antonio, we’ve partnered with the Menger Hotel and El Tropicano to offer Festival attendees lower rates. We will continue to update this page as we establish additional partnerships with San Antonio hotels. We encourage you to book early as these partnerships are based upon availability.
The Historic Menger Hotel
204 Alamo Plaza
San Antonio, TX 78205
Room rate: $179/night
Book HERE or via phone at 1-800-345-9285 using the group name “San Antonio Book Festival” or the group code “040618SABF”
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
110 Lexington Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78205
Room rate: $109/night
Call or email Bea Luna to book a room: 210-277-4039 or email@example.com
Driving to the Festival
The Book Festival takes place at the Central Library and Southwest School of Art in downtown San Antonio (600 Soledad, San Antonio 78205). Construction is currently in effect for the surrounding streets for the city’s roundabout project. If you are driving to the Book Festival, please be aware of street closures, detours, and alternate bus routes. We encourage you to use VIA or rideshare options to get to the Book Festival.
- Lane closures and detours
- San Pedro Ave. is being rerouted to Main Ave
- Navarro St. has become 2-way traffic
- Temporary bus stop at Richmond Ave. and Augusta St.; to replace the Navarro St. bus stop
- Temporary stop sign at Augusta St. and Giraud St.
- Caution for cars exiting parking garage on Giraud St.
- Sidewalk between Main and Soledad will be closed.
The Central Library is posting updates here.
- PVA (Peripheral Vascular Associates) lot on 615 Soledad St. 51 spaces—first come; first served!
- Central Library garage ($5 all day event parking; enter from Soledad)
- Parking lot at Convent Street and Augusta Street (rates starting at $5)
- Parking lot on Lexington between N. St. Mary’s & Augusta (across from Redeemer Presbyterian Church) (all day Sat & Sun rates $5)
- LAZ Parking, Augusta and Baltimore ($2 all day)
- LAZ lot at Pecan and Soledad ($10 for 12 hours)
- Lot on Augusta between Baltimore and Lexington ($.75 all day)
- M&S Towers Garage at Main and Seymour
Meters or Pay to Park:
- Seymour Street in front of Baptist Hospital
- Camden Street east of Main
- Soledad Street across from Weston Center
- Lexington Street, north and south of Augusta
- Augusta St. between Baltimore and Lexington
- Dallas Street, both sides of 200 block
- Richmond Street, both sides, north and south of Augusta
- Convent Street, both sides between Soledad and St. Mary’s
- Main Street, 500 block
Download PDF version of map: