On Tuesday, May 5, the Library Foundation will again participate in the city-wide effort that has generated lots of buzz – The Big Give S.A! This is a special day of giving and an opportunity to personally participate in something that will make a significant impact on the great non-profits in our city.
With the help of our donors and strong library advocates, the Library Foundation was able to raise just under $13,500 last year in just 24 hours! Our goal this year is $25,000 and we are hoping our supporters, donors and partners come on board and give BIG on May 5!! The Library Foundation staff and Board of Directors are working hard to make a BIG splash this year – hosting events, saturating social media, grassroots promotion and more. Details are being finalized and will soon be shared with our community of supporters!
For more information on how the Big Give S.A. works, please click here.
Your participation in this effort will help the Library Foundation work with the Library to:
- Bring new and innovative offerings to our city via the Library like the Marie Swartz Art Resource Center and VROOM
- Better the Library experience by helping staff host programs like author readings, holiday events, movie screenings, community gathering and more
- Add enhancements and technology to library branches like the new Latino Resource Center and the Teen Center at Central
- Support existing programs within our library system like Mayor Summer Reading Club and Learn at SAPL
- Provide for training to better prepare library staff to answer the needs of patrons while also keeping them aware of the latest industry trends and the evolving role of a library
Stay tuned for more details and mark your calendar for the BIG day!