Great Books Seminars 2023
Physics and Philosophy by Werner Heisenberg
Free and Open to the Public, First Saturdays Every Month
In the tradition of the Great Books Program at St. John’s College, the 2023 Great Books Seminars find us tackling one of the twentieth century’s most remarkable and influential books, Werner Heisenberg’s Physics and Philosophy.
- February 4: Chapter 1, An Old and New Tradition
Chapter 2, The History of Quantum Theory
- March 4: Chapter 3, The Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Theory
- April 1: Chapter 4, Quantum Theory and the Roots of Atomic Science
- May 6: Chapter 5, The Development of Philosophical Ideas Since Descartes in Comparison with the New Situation in Quantum Theory
- June 3: Chapter 6, The Relation of Quantum Theory to Other parts of Natural Science
- July: Break
- August 5: Chapter 7, The Theory of Relativity
- September 2: Chapter 8, Criticism and Counterproposals to the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Theory
- October 7: Chapter 9, Quantum Theory and the Structure of Matter
- November 4: Chapter 10, Language and Reality in Modern Physics
- December 2: Chapter 11, The Role of Modern Physics in the Present Development of Human Thinking
Location: Hausmann Millworks, 925 W. Russell Place, San Antonio, TX 78212
Arrival: 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Seminar: 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If there are any questions, please contact Paul Martin at 210-722-0400 / Paul@martincapital.com, or Charles Massiatte at 210-724-6571 / CharlesMassiatte@gmail.com.
Hope to see you there!